My True Obsession-first graders

My first graders say the funniest and cutest things sometimes. Here is what they say....

We were listening to music one morning in class before school started...Proud Mary was playing. A little boy excitedly said that he loved this song! He listened for awhile and then asked..."Are they saying, rolling up a window or rolling down the river?"

Saturday, February 12, 2011

busy snow days

I have had 7 snow days this year, which is a lot for me. During the snow days, I tried to keep busy with different projects that I had on my list to do.  There were fun snow days, but I have to say after two in a row I was ready to go back to work.  Let me just say that there is nothing on TV during the day, so I watched movies a lot while working on my projects. Here are some projects I have finished during those snowy days as well as since then...
this is a wine bottle wind chime for my sister. I had been only using one wine bottle, but then I thought why not try to layer them. I like it so much that I am going to make me one with blue wine bottles. It also will give me another reason to drink a good bottle of wine.

 My friend bought this yarn and asked me to knitt her some fingerless gloves. No problem, except that when I made these they ended up really long. I thought they would be ok, but the more I looked at them and thought about my friend's tiny hands I decided that they wouldn't work. I took them apart and will be trying them again, maybe with a different pattern.

 I saw the pattern for this owl on a blog when I first began my obsession with owls and reading blogs. It was a free tutorial and I absolutly fell in L-O-V-E, love. This is the first one I have made. I plan on making more for my friends and family, even if they don't want one. I think for some of my family members I am going to make it a door stop and I will probably not put legs on her. They were kind of a pain in the behind.
 Thank you to Toad's Treasures for the great tutorial!
Now my thinking is, I have two choices...clean my house or work on some of my projects?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What are you obsessed with today?

Sophie

Sophie
She obsessed over being the center of attention.

Sophie 2

Sophie 2
She is obsessed over her toys.

Sophie 3

Sophie 3
She is obsessed with the animals in her yard.

Sophie4

Sophie4
She is obsessed with barking at anything and everything